Looking for some answers?
This is the place to start.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the purpose of setting the sales goal under profit estimator?

edited May 30 in Community
I was having trouble understanding the point of setting this goal?  I checked the forums and could not find a good answer.  

From what I searched, It seems that an item will be printed and shipped with a single order regardless if the sales goal is met or not. For example, I set the goal to 50 and sell 1 shirt the one shirt is shipped regardless if I hit the goal.

Next question, Why are you only allowed to change the goal once in your campaign settings?  And why can you only decrease it?

Hopefully, my questions are clear.  The goal setting does not seem to have a clear purpose, and it appears that it has caused fear with sellers that their products will not ship if the goal is not met.

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

Comments

• Ha NguyenHa Nguyen Teespring Team
    Hey @sbennett, Goal was originally created on Teespring to estimate the profit and base price for each launch. Since we have updated the flat pricing which applies for all listings on Teespring, our tech team is looking to remove "Goal" soon! Hope that clear the confusions :) 
  • Thanks!  That makes so much more sense.  Thanks for your reply!   :)  @Ha Nguyen