Looking for some answers?
This is the place to start.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

using multiple variables in the URL

edited December 2017 in Discussion
hi,

i was wondering if we can use BOTH a promo id, and a tracking url (say, google analytics) in the same link?

eg:
teespring.com/campaignName?pr=FREESHIP002&utm_source=fbmobile

is this feature supported, and will both the promo ID, and the tracking work?

Comments

• zafar Hossainzafar Hossain Teespring Team
    Hello,
    You may look into this Google analytics tutorial: 
    https://community.teespring.com/training-center/google-analytics-integration/
  • hi, thanks for the wonderful article link.

anyway, i read there and in different other places, that teespring analytics are much more accurate when it comes to analytics, and i also found that its much more simpler than GA. so, guess i will be using teespring analytics. i've read on the teespring analytics article too, and im clear with how to use it and setting it up. :)

now the question is, can i use a promo code, and a tracking variable in the same url?

reason is, the promoid, and the GET variable uses the same format. so, the analytics will consider PROMOID as one of the GET variables in the reports (that is not an issue anyway, so i will know if sales came from that promo code).

but, will it affect the function of promo id? will the promo id work, and tracking also recorded from the url?

eg: teespring.com/CampaignName?pr=freeship01&traffic=fbmobile
  • ok, tested this and found out this....

it's possible to use the promo id, and a tracking variable in the same url.

i found it's best to use a different tracking id for each source, and ad type.
    eg: fbmobile, fbnewsfees, fbrightcolumn, .... like that.
    that way, its crystal clear, where the sales are exactly coming from, whether its from ads, and which ads.
  • zafar Hossainzafar Hossain Teespring Team
    @Tharindu_Ruwantha You are correct! 
    So that you can scale up the campaign using winning traffic.