Looking for some answers?
This is the place to start.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Niche advice for new Teespringers

Hey guys,

I get a lot of questions from the Filipino Teespring community about which niches have the "potential" for success. Many times they're over saturated or have already been done. If you've got a new niche you want to try, feel free to ask me about it by posting a comment below and I'll let you know what I think!  ;)

Comments

• What about bridesmaids? I sold 2 items with my design...but couldn't seem to sell any more. Not sure if it's a good niche.
  • In my opinion. Bridesmaid are not "passionate enough" :) And it's hard to find them on Facebook.
  • In my opinion. Bridesmaid are not "passionate enough" :) And it's hard to find them on Facebook.
    That's a good point...brides are way easier to target too. Back to the drawing board!
  • I was thinking of opening a Teespring store for coffee lovers - is that too broad? How would I make that more specific?
  • @ankur_teli Coffee alone is too broad. Try intersecting Coffee & Another niche like profession, pets, etc. Here's a few example of successful niche intersects:

If it involves Books, Coffee and Cats... count me in.
  • I'm a Nigerian, I wish to create and how do I get target niches?  Not just for Africans alone. 

• @apexbee1 You can start with something that you yourself are really into. Something that you have a little knowledge about atleast like hobbies, profession, etc.
  • How about nurses as a niche?
  • @apexbee1 Yep, Nurses are actually one of the top niches. You can also narrow down a little more nurse sub-niches like, CNA, ER Nurse, etc.
  • @MARVIN ESPINA What about mountain biking and animes?
  • Muhammad said:
    @MARVIN ESPINA What about mountain biking and animes?
    Definitely brother! Though I never tried animes for myself but I saw a lot of successful DBZ and One Piece themed designs last year.

To start looking for ideas/designs for those niches, join FB groups related to Mountain Biking & Animes. Thats how I found my winning Motocross campaign. 
  • I am new here  ....
    Can i get sell  without   paid campaign?
  • Kate ShoafKate Shoaf Teespring Team
    @Muhammad - be careful about using anime...if you're caught selling copyrighted/trademarked content you could get your campaigns suspended. Learn more about avoiding design violations here

@pjroyjit - Yes there are people who sell organically (without ads). You can find more tips in the Training Center and blog. I'd start with this content:
    - 7 tips to successful selling
    - Selling on Twitter organically
    - Growing Facebook following

We're currently exploring Instagram too!
  • edited July 2017
    My niche is the chiropractic community as well as casual and sports clothing. I listed in Awareness > Business/Start Up. Awareness because the message of chiropractic care needs to spread more. Am I doing anything wrong? What else can I do to better attract sales? I've been "liking" Facebook pages as well.
    @Milan Modi - "Awareness" is usually used for fundraising campaigns (for non-profits). I think your theme could go under job/career possibly? Check out these tips for optimizing listings. Also see the links I shared above. @MARVIN ESPINA got anything else to add? ;) 
  • I have a hugh campaign for breast cancer awarness because I had the scare of it personally and understand the fear and the courage it takes to get through it. I have designs for EU and the UK ready as well . I also have campaign for Christianity and translation for cross over markets..

Question, how many shirts can i have listed in one campaign? And how many campaigns can i host at one time?

I have being design for over 20 years and a clothing line is one of my vision. I thankful that a company like Tee Spring is allowing people like me to put my vision out there. I do want to make money, to its not all about the money. To have my brand competing on the market along side other major names on a zero to nothing budget and investment is a lol moment, and a dream come true.

I am a published author with a new release getting ready to come out. So there is much i will be using Tee for. I researched for a week all of your major competition. I viewed the youtube, etc and out of the 10, Tee Spring was left standing. I saw a link where Walker, the CEO was on NBC and I heard him say, they give people loke me an opportunity to make their dreams come true, to be the entrepreneurs they envisioned. 

So i am excited about being here and will hopfully get some things uploaded today.
  • I am trying for a niche for pet cat owners(servants) lol... ,cats provide various emotions and are incredible funny animals. Within this niche i plan to make t-shirts for adopt a pet instead of buying, funny cat experiences, cat emotions, big cats and small cats similarities, cat love, cat island japan and similar kinds. Message of sharing the planet. Is there a market for this ? Or is this market saturated already ?
  • MARVIN ESPINA I believe I have discovered a noticeable niche. I used a different language to represent my brand "Red Ostrich" Check out the brand to see my products and the usage of niche I would like your advice.
  • Sanket said:
    I am trying for a niche for pet cat owners(servants) lol... ,cats provide various emotions and are incredible funny animals. Within this niche i plan to make t-shirts for adopt a pet instead of buying, funny cat experiences, cat emotions, big cats and small cats similarities, cat love, cat island japan and similar kinds. Message of sharing the planet. Is there a market for this ? Or is this market saturated already ?
    Totally @Sanket.

I remember the shirt that says "I work hard so my CAT could live a better life" Lol.

• MARVIN ESPINA I believe I have discovered a noticeable niche. I used a different language to represent my brand "Red Ostrich" Check out the brand to see my products and the usage of niche I would like your advice.
    Hi @Erich Newman,

• Hey, I own a youtube channel named Serial Killers Documentaries. I created some merchandise on this niche yesterday. What do you think? :) Also, is the "funny" niche still a thing, if you are original?
    edited August 2017
    @Bosnea Ionut Tudor I have seen humor/funny work, but it's within a specific niche (example funny designs created specifically for bearded men) - it's also important to understand your audience's sense of humor...something you think is funny might not be in another culture/country. Maybe @MARVIN ESPINA has more advice on this niche in particular? 
  • @Kate Shoaf I was thinking of my own niche, Serial Killers (it's pretty big, believe me). Would it be un-funny if I made funny (for me) shirts with them, instead of normal shirts? 
    edited August 2017
    @Bosnea Ionut Tudor I don't know...is that a niche people are passionate enough about to spend money on your designs? If your plan to sell through our marketing services you'll need to keep our design guidelines in mind. 
  • Hey guys,

I get a lot of questions from the Filipino Teespring community about which niches have the "potential" for success. Many times they're over saturated or have already been done. If you've got a new niche you want to try, feel free to ask me about it by posting a comment below and I'll let you know what I think!  ;)
    How about those broad themes that is posted just this october.Even broad,still sell thousands.How do they do it?
  • edited November 2017
    @MARVIN ESPINA, @Kate Shoaf, how about Christian Women Niche? i have 4 month sell to this niche with 10+ design but but few sales. What i have to replace with another niche or keep staying?
  • zafar Hossainzafar Hossain Teespring Team
    Hi @Chrisvil_Mawuntu It's a very potential niche but you should work sidewise in other niches. Do not stick to one niche while there are other niches to make money. 
  • @zafar Hossain, thanks for your advice.
  • https://teespring.com/stores/emotion-doodles-store

I find it hard to define my niche.
    Can somebody look at my store and advice me? 
  • @Andrea Benko

Niches are everywhere. When you go to our site you will find so many niches under the categories. 
    Same goes with our awesome #BoostedNetwork partners Amazon, eBay, Walmart and Wish. 

You got your job to do now. 
    Keep researching and find a great niche to sell more with Teespring.