Looking for some answers?
This is the place to start.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Else Having Trouble With Facebook Ads Considered Political?

I just started a Facebook ad account on the weekend, got everything ready, installed my Facebook pixel, targeted my audience and had three ads up and running..or so I thought. I woke up this morning checked to see if I had any traffic and bam, my ad account was suspended. Doubleyou Tee Eff? Had a warning if I wanted to run "ads with political" content I had to verify my identity. One of the tee shirts mentioned a certain unpopular world leader and FB has gone so overboard with trying to stop interference from foreign entities, they flag and disable anyone who is deemed "suspicious". Ahem, I'm Canadian so I guess that precludes me from certain activities. lol. So I uploaded my photo ID, deleted the offending ad and now I have to wait until they decide I am not some nefarious threat. sigh. I also archived the tee shirt here on this site but now I am concerned if I was flagged as violating an ad rule on FB does that affect my "trust" rating here? Also has this happened to anyone else? What a crappy way to start the week, especially when I have seen much much worse.
for the record my t-shirt said "Hey Trump, Not everything Is About You" and showed picture of the kneeling football players, in gray scale, not recognizable of course. i thought it was a great tee shirt, FB not so much.

Comments

• Update: Okay well they came back today with a message saying my ad wasn't considered political and they're letting me advertise again. So that was good news, moving on. :) 
  • Yeah they have gone totally nuts with all this ,,best of luck
  • Thank you WayneB. One of friends noticed the same thing, oh well. It will balance out eventually. :)