Looking for some answers?
This is the place to start.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't get how it works..

Hi.

I've been reading the guides but I still don't quite understand this site.

I tried making some products and when I looked at them there was a timer counting down. What's that for? Do I need to get people to order a certain amount of items within the time frame to even get these things made and shipped?

Can't I just sell things like a normal store with permanently listed items that just get shipped as soon as they're ordered?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Ha NguyenHa Nguyen Teespring Team
    edited June 14
    Hey @968512561 Welcome to Teespring!! To answer your questions: 

- The timer on the listing represents the countdown to the next print cycle. You can remove this timer within your account "Settings". 

- Any product you sell we will produce (you just need to sell one).

- "Can't I just sell things like a normal store with permanently listed items that just get shipped as soon as they're ordered?" Yes! That's exactly how Teespring works. You can add all of your products (preferably with the same niche) within a storefront.

If you have any further questions, please have a look at our Training Center or reach out to our seller support team at [email protected] 

Hope that helps! Good luck! 

• Thanks. That helped make things a bit clearer for me. I think some of the stuff I was reading about how this site works might've been a bit outdated.

Anyway, you're saying that even if only one item is sold, it'll be printed and shipped and I would receive some money for that? Well I noticed something else that's confusing. Beneath the Profit Estimator, it says "Estimate how many units you're aiming to sell to estimate your total profit. Don't worry, we'll print your products as long as you sell enough to generate any profit!". Surely if I sell one item it'll be enough to generate profit, right? Why would I sell an item and not get any profit? I can't understand that..

Thanks again.
  • Sai AekaSai Aeka Teespring Team
    edited June 14
    Hey @968512561 - we realize this language is a bit confusing. We're planning an update this month that will remove the 'goal' language so it's much more straightforward. 'Goals' are left over from when we used to require a certain number of sales before being able to print orders. 

As of now, all you need to do is sell 1 item, and we will produce and ship that item for you.

You can remove the timer from your listings in your account settings (the timer just represents the print cycle - i.e. when the orders will go to print. We usually print items every 3 days so buyers will get their orders in a timely manner.). The timer can create a sense of urgency for buyers. 

But if you want buyers to know your products are always available you may want to remove it.