Looking for some answers?
This is the place to start.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What specifically happens when a campaign is removed for infringement?

I just spent the last hour submitting a dozen different IP Claim forms for a dozen copycat listings for one of my designs.  I submitted the form and hopefully the IP Escalations team will respond to say the campaigns have been removed.  Done it before.  Will unfortunately have to do it again.   But it got me wondering...

When a campaign is removed what happens on the backend at Teespring?

1.  Is a notice sent to the print facility to remove the campaign from the production queue?

2.  Are customers, who paid for and ordered the shirt, sent notification that it is no longer available?

3.  If so, are customers told why it isn't available?

4.  What are the procedures for refunding the customer?

5.  What if my claim is submitted before the campaign ends, but not reviewed by IPE until after the campaign ends?  Does Teespring print and send the orders anyway?  

6.  If so, does Teespring withhold royalty money from the copycat? 

7.  If so, does Teespring keep the entire amount of transaction?

8.  When Teespring serves notice to the copycat of the removal, do they really give him my contact information?   Yet, they won't give me his?

9.  If the copycat had set up his campaign to auto-renew after completion, will it still automatically renew after the previous version was taken down for IP?

10.  If the campaign doesn't auto-renew and the copycat tries to renew the same infringing design manually, is there a procedure or mechanism in place for Teespring to see that he's doing it again?

11.  Is the Teespring system capable of identifying and "red-flagging" copyrighted designs when the user uploads?  

Thank you for your time and consideration.  I look forward to your answers.

Comments