Looking for some answers?
This is the place to start.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Teespring lowering payouts by hiding some of the sales ??!??

Hi everyone. I just noticed something that confused me a lot. 
I just went through my Payout History, it's not very long and consist of a small number od sales since 2016:


It looks absolutely normal, but there is something very suspicious when you click on any of the links that goes to the archive campaigns.
So, for example, let's take a look at the oldest one from 02/22/16. It says that "Fire Camp With Me ended successfully" with "1 unit sold". BUT, when you click on this particular campaign, what you see inside is that in fact "This campaign reached its goal!" and "2 were sold (towards the goal of 2)!!!



So, I went through the whole list and I found out that it's the same case with all of them! In some of them the differences are much bigger! 
For example, let's take a look at the next one from 02/25/16. It says that "I Belay You Can Fly ended successfully (2 units sold)", where in fact "8 were sold (towards the goal of 8)!!!!!!!!!"



My big question is: WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???!!! :o 

I'm really shocked. This is the full report:



Can someone take a look on their lists and explain it to me? I'd really like to know what's happening here. :( 

Comments

  • Kate ShoafKate Shoaf Teespring Team
    Hey @Norb - the reason you're seeing this is because in late 2017 we removed the 'goal' model. Now all you need to do is sell ONE unit and you will receive the profit and your orders will go to print. Older campaigns launched before this update (which have not ended and relaunched) still feature the old setup (where they have to sell the minimum to print). My advice is to end any old campaigns and relaunch them so that as soon as you make a sale they'll tip and you'll get profit. Make sense?
  • Hi @Kate Shoaf

    No, it doesn't make sense at all. I'm aware about the change, but this is only related to goals. I'm not talking about goals part. I'm talking about the part with number of sales. It clearly says how many were sold, and it doesn't match with the payouts. 

    Also, I got notified that this post was commented by @GTOClothing, but this post was removed. I wonder who removed it and why. 
  • @Kate Shoaf, I really feel cheated and would like to solve this. This doesn't feel right at all.
  • edited April 29
    Dave_Aten said:
    Norb said:
    @Kate Shoaf, I really feel cheated and would like to solve this. This doesn't feel right at all.
    Also, make a video about this and put it up on YouTube to see if other people have this same issue... YouTube is the 3rd most visited website in the world, so, I'm sure that TeeSpring would not want the world to know that something is going on that is not correct...Maybe this is their opportunity to fix it  ;)
    Maybe that's a good idea @Dave_Aten. But I'd also encourage you and other members to start checking this. I don't want Teespring to "fix" it by erasing the history of sales. What I presented here is a strong evidence that something is not right, maybe it's lawsuit case.
  • How come we're so powerless? These kind of cases should be solved immediately! Maybe it's even a group lawsuit case. I wish I was an US citizen. Do you think something can be done about this? Many people could have lost a lot of money here because of Teespring suspicious practises and they should be compensated?!
  • I wouldn't always trust Youtube, I've seen videos when people claim they make millions on Teespring, just to get more views. Youtube is a huge trash as well, sometimes you need to go through hundreds of stupid videos, nothing substantial. I've search for "Teespring scam" and didn't find anything serious really. This is the place when we talk about serious stuff, but no one is listening, no one from Teespring willing to give explanation. 
  • Kate ShoafKate Shoaf Teespring Team
    edited May 2
    @Norb - if a campaign sold 2 units and the goal was 3 then none of the orders were fulfilled. Buyers were reimbursed. The sellers and Teespring did not make any profit on these orders because they were not fulfilled. If you want your campaigns to be set to goal of 1 then you need to relaunch any old campaigns so that the new minimum of 1 is applied. I'm looking back through this campaign's sales over the last two years and I'm not seeing one run in which 8 units were sold? I see several runs with 1 unit sold (and then the campaign relaunches). If you think there is some sort of error you can follow up with [email protected] directly but I'm not seeing anything to indicate you're not being compensated correctly for the sales. 

    Also - anyone who is not a Teespring seller or who is deliberately sharing incorrect information within the form can be removed. You can learn more about forum policies here: https://community.teespring.com/teespring-community-forum-guidelines/
  • @Kate Shoaf, are you kidding me?? Have you read my post at all??? I'm talking about ended campaigns! I provide you with screenshots! Can't you see what I marked in red??? I marked the information about how many units were SOLD! Sold means SOLD! Don't look at the payouts list! All information there is incorrect! When you click on archived campaign you see exactly how many units were sold. 

    Now, I don't know what the hell happened but you removed almost ALL conversation on this forum!! This is outrageous! Everything @Dave_Aten posted here looked legit! How can you do this?? I'll be taking this conversation and all evidence outside of this forum to discuss it with other designers and a lawyer!
  • edited May 2
    Norb said:
    I wouldn't always trust Youtube, I've seen videos when people claim they make millions on Teespring, just to get more views. Youtube is a huge trash as well, sometimes you need to go through hundreds of stupid videos, nothing substantial. I've search for "Teespring scam" and didn't find anything serious really. This is the place when we talk about serious stuff, but no one is listening, no one from Teespring willing to give explanation. 
    I have to admit I got hooked on youtube and thousands of dollars mentioned in them, but I quickly realized that it is not even close really, it is really pitiful, and you only got robotic feedback from the people in teespring who should also benefit from your sales. The website and its policy is terrible, but it has nicely directed videos and ads for it.  
  • Norb said:
    @Kate Shoaf, are you kidding me?? Have you read my post at all??? I'm talking about ended campaigns! I provide you with screenshots! Can't you see what I marked in red??? I marked the information about how many units were SOLD! Sold means SOLD! Don't look at the payouts list! All information there is incorrect! When you click on archived campaign you see exactly how many units were sold. 

    Now, I don't know what the hell happened but you removed almost ALL conversation on this forum!! This is outrageous! Everything @Dave_Aten posted here looked legit! How can you do this?? I'll be taking this conversation and all evidence outside of this forum to discuss it with other designers and a lawyer!
    @Kate Shoaf - it's been over a month and you don't seem to care at all!
  • Kim AssawawongkasemKim Assawawongkasem Teespring Team
    edited May 21
    Hi @Norb, it seems the "term indicating the number sold" on the archived listing page is what is confusing you. Here is my explanation why the number of the units sold on the archived campaigns is different from the number shown on the Payout history page.

    The units sold on the Payouts page is updated each time an order is placed on a CURRENT run of the campaign. The units sold within your analytics show ALL TIME sales (so all sales since Feburary 18th).  For example, the"I belay you can fly ( US )" campaign has relaunched 5-6 times time over the last year or so. The all-time units for this campaign are 8 units as shown here below :
    To double-check a listing's all-time sales you can go to the "Products" menu. Then click on the analytic icon on the right side of listing, you will be directed to the listing's analytic page. Select "All runs" and date from the first launch until now. And you will see the all-time units sold from there.


    So when you see 1, 2, units sold etc in Payouts, it's because we are adding the profit to your account as the sales happen. You did not have one campaign run that sold 8 units at one time, you had a campaign that sold a total of 8 units over a year-long period. 
  • @Kim Assawawongkasem
    ---------------------

    THIS IS NOT TRUE!
    And now you removed the numbers from all archived campaigns!! Are you trying to COVER IT UP? Because all these numbers DON'T MATCH!

    ---------------------
    Even though you removed the numbers, I have ALL SCREENSHOTS ARCHIVED!

    What you're trying to say here doesn't make sense! How about an archived campaign that says:
     "8 were sold towards the goal of 7" !!??
    Seven is not the number of combined orders from all runs!!



    ---------------------
    Most importantly - I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT GOALS!! 
    I'm talking about SALES! The number of SALES doesn't always match with the goal number!
    ---------------------
    Furthermore, I went to Analytics section of each campaign as you advised and here are the results!
    ---------------------


    ----------
    These are all campaigns that ended with sales. I summarised all the profit shown, and it's $163.54
    The Current Payout Amount shown on Payouts page is $116.61

    ----------

    So, what happened with $46.93 ???

    ----------
    The question remains: What is going on here!!!!?????
  • Can someone from Teespring finally respond and explain this?!
    I just cannot comprehend how IGNORANT and unresponsive you are! This might as well end up in court!
    Everything here points towards a fraud! 

  • @Kate Shoaf @Kim Assawawongkasem

    WHY ARE YOU NOT RESPONDING??!

    I gave you evidence that you're not playing fair and I want you to respond! People need to know what's going on!
  • Same issue here, watched a friend buy a product and have 3 other people showing me receipts for merchandise sold... yet none of it shows in my analytics?
  • Same issue here, watched a friend buy a product and have 3 other people showing me receipts for merchandise sold... yet none of it shows in my analytics?

    When I questioned why I had close to 350 clicks on one item and but no sales, I was given a very snippy and patronizing response. I still have a bad feeling about it but I am not the sort to let something go either, so if I have to I will start contacting people. If you have copies of those receipts, hang on to them and I can't say it here but a search will lead you to where you can get some possible answers.
  • edited November 4
    Teespring, this has occurred over ten more times now. I am a YouTuber and these ten are only from people I know that have bought merchandise. There are likely countless others as well, and I am losing money because you either are not properly tracking sales or are purposely hiding them to pocket profits. If I do not get a response  I am going public with this on my YouTube channel with over one hundred thousand subscribers. I think you would rather fix this and be honest with us than ignore it's happening. You are stealing our profits. You are hiding our sales. This is not acceptable.
  • I'm new here and i'm waiting for an answer from Teespring.
  • edited November 6
    Proof and analysis of the scam this is pointing to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf9Mo0WkgyU
  • Holy... i dont speak english very well but i clearly understand a friend u got had pay an article who dont appear in ur history.

    I just opened my shop yesterday and it's creepy to see that... ATM 200+ views on my shop, 0 orders, it's maybe an uncomfortable coincidence but it's maybe ...
    Anyway, I'm a designer/illustrator and i got 3000+ fans across my networks. I left some day to see the evolution of my shop and if no one order appear i'll go on another website

    Thanks for informations SpikeViper
  • No problem, happy to spread the word. Something is definitely wrong.
  • I have noticed the same thing. I am a Youtuber at 135.000 subscribers. A friend ordered one of my tshirts right before my eyes aaaand it didn't show up. We also got Spike Viper here at 127.000 subscribers. I have a lot of youtube friends reporting that same issue. We want a response.
  • Hey Everyone,
    We've heard your concerns and are reaching out individually to fully investigate and resolve the issues outlined here. Please get in contact with [email protected] if you are experiencing anything similar and we'll work to address it as quickly as possible.
  • @Chassity Hernandez 
    Hey Everyone,
    We've heard your concerns and are reaching out individually to fully investigate and resolve the issues outlined here. Please get in contact with [email protected] if you are experiencing anything similar and we'll work to address it as quickly as possible.
    Chassity, this is too serious to discuss it privately. I've been sending private emails to you since April about this case. It's been 8 months! and I still haven't got any explanation apart from some non relevant copy & paste generic responses from time to time. This clearly shows that you're only waiting for users to give up on this. I've been sending emails to "[email protected]", to "[email protected]", also to "[email protected]" which you mentioned - and you're not responding! nor solving the case! I even contacted you via Facebook Messenger! I've send you tons of evidence, spreadsheets, calculations, all that doesn't matter to you. All you did was, you hidden some of the numbers that were visible in archived campaigns which I indicated earlier in this thread, that clearly shows you're trying to cover it up. 

    We don't want to talk about it privately! This will only allow you to prolong it for more months. You can investigate it privately, but we need an explanation here, so everyone can clearly see the whole picture! 

    We want you to explain it HERE, IN PUBLIC! And please STICK TO THE TOPIC! I asked you very specific questions at the beginning of this thread and gave you very specific numbers.

    We are waiting for your response, and we want it to be relevant! Thank you!.

  • Norb said:
    @Chassity Hernandez 
    Hey Everyone,
    We've heard your concerns and are reaching out individually to fully investigate and resolve the issues outlined here. Please get in contact with [email protected] if you are experiencing anything similar and we'll work to address it as quickly as possible.
    Chassity, this is too serious to discuss it privately. I've been sending private emails to you since April about this case. It's been 8 months! and I still haven't got any explanation apart from some non relevant copy & paste generic responses from time to time. This clearly shows that you're only waiting for users to give up on this. I've been sending emails to "[email protected]", to "[email protected]", also to "[email protected]" which you mentioned - and you're not responding! nor solving the case! I even contacted you via Facebook Messenger! I've send you tons of evidence, spreadsheets, calculations, all that doesn't matter to you. All you did was, you hidden some of the numbers that were visible in archived campaigns which I indicated earlier in this thread, that clearly shows you're trying to cover it up. 

    We don't want to talk about it privately! This will only allow you to prolong it for more months. You can investigate it privately, but we need an explanation here, so everyone can clearly see the whole picture! 

    We want you to explain it HERE, IN PUBLIC! And please STICK TO THE TOPIC! I asked you very specific questions at the beginning of this thread and gave you very specific numbers.

    We are waiting for your response, and we want it to be relevant! Thank you!.

    Try sending them an email. They've been very transparent for me, and my issues are being resolved. (I'll make an update video eventually).
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!