Looking for some answers?
This is the place to start.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Campaign was taken down for copyright infringement, when it was just a sentence. JonathanJonathan

Hello, 
About 2 weeks ago I got an email that 2 of my campaigns were suspended for "using content owned by a third party."

Both of those campaigns were just simple text: just a sentence which said "it's going to be ok". How can this be owned by a third party?
It was not a design, I didnt use any graphic, just words.
AFAIK there's no trademark or company which owns these words. 
Besides, 25% of my earnings for those campaigns were going to a charity organization. 

I sent an email to [email protected] a week ago, but still no response.

Why my design which only had words was taken down? No one owns words "it's going to be ok", the third party claim was bogus.

Are claims checked or you take down every reported campaign?

Comments

• Sai AekaSai Aeka Teespring Team
    Hi Jonathan,

We have answered to this in your previous post as well. 
    I have checked your suspended campaigns and they do have copyrighted content (one is from GOT and the other is a copy from another sellers campaign)
  • Sai Aeka said:
    Hi Jonathan,

We have answered to this in your previous post as well. 
    I have checked your suspended campaigns and they do have copyrighted content (one is from GOT and the other is a copy from another sellers campaign)
    I'm sorry but does that seller own the copyrights of the words "going to be ok"? Because the email sent to me was for copyright infringement. 

I read the T&C carefully. I'm a paralegal myself. I didn't infringe any copyright because you can't copyright dictionary words.

If Teespring has a policy that 2 campaigns cannot be the same, that is not written on the T&C. Besides, it was not a copy paste. I did my own design
  • Kate ShoafKate Shoaf Teespring Team
    @Jonathan reported copycat campaigns (including pixel 4 pixel copies) may be disabled. If you thinnk your campaign was an original work and removed by error please notify [email protected] or file a counterclaim. We cannot provide any more assistance on this issue - all IP issues must be addressed by the IP team. 
  • @Jonathan reported copycat campaigns (including pixel 4 pixel copies) may be disabled. If you thinnk your campaign was an original work and removed by error please notify [email protected] or file a counterclaim. We cannot provide any more assistance on this issue - all IP issues must be addressed by the IP team. 
    I did  contact ipescalations on 17th December. No reply. 

Anyway it doesnt matter. Thank you for your response