Looking for some answers?
This is the place to start.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this normal or am I doing something really wrong? Almost 300 views no sales

Hi. I'm still fairly new, just a couple of months on Teespring now and I am thinking I must be doing something wrong. I have spent a fair amount of money on FB advertising and on at least two of my products I have had almost 300 views according to analytics but so far I am seeing zeroes for sales. I work all day every day on this, it's a full time endeavor and I really enjoy it but what is the problem? I target my audience carefully, I think my designs are pretty cool but all nibbles and no bites. I read and re read the articles available on here, visit the forums and still no success. What should I be doing differently? I am absolutely not complaining, I'd just really appreciate some insight, thank you.

Comments

• Oops, I'm sorry I forgot to leave links to my stores. Can someone take a look and see if you have any suggestions please? Whenever you have time. Thank you

• Your shirts are ugly
  • Well thank you for your helpful input Jonathan but I was actually hoping to hear from one of the moderators. I have seen them respond directly to posts before and I hope they will find the time to do so with mine.
  • Hey lovely do not listen your designs are wonderful, it can take sometime to sell on here I'm still trying, I gave up for a bit but 're trying again.. keep it up your get there, try organic marketing aswell as paid marketing if you havnt already :) 
  • Well bless your heart, thank you. :) The thing I am most concerned about is whether I have setting wrong somewhere or something like that. To have 299 views on an item and not a single sale and almost that many on others just seems strange, unless I am reading the analytics wrong. Thanks so much though TashHart88.
  • I did just now go looking for the live chat but when I did find it and clicked on it nothing happened, not even being put into a que, which would have been fine, unless this is something else that is withheld until we get a sale?
  • It should work my dear, I know teespring have updated the site recently perhaps there's a couple of teething issues there end which is quite possible why chat disappeared, I know after 9.30pm live chat isn't available, my store front isn't showing any views which is odd because I know for a fact there has been so I'm putting that down to there end as well not there fault if it is just stuff needs tweaking a bit, perhaps go on Pinterest and maybe Instagram and advertise through them or facebook? You can do a variety of marketing that doesn't much or not at all, more than happy to help if you need any advice although I'm sure your be a marvel without :) 
  • Oh good lord woman, I am sending you a big hug. thank you! :) I do see a lot of traffic from advertising on FB so I know if nothing else it sure generates viewing...now if only there were something besides those big old zeros for sales....lol. I use Twitter, and Pinterest but so far I have spent about $300 on FB ads so here's hoping.
    Leave a link sometime if you want, I would love to see your store too.
  • If I could give you any advice id say to you don't pay for advertising until you make a couple of sales, once you make sales your content should be easier to see on teesprings store, once you've made a few more sales you will automatically get your best bought stuff put into Amazon and other sites :) I'll send you my store link tomorrow :) 
    Hugs 
    Tash 
  • Ps also I love your leggings once this time of year ends that isn't pulling my purse strings I'm deffinatly treating myself to a pair, don't doubt your designs or let anybody tell you different because what might not be good for one person I bet there's plenty of others that love it :) keep it up and keep smiling :) 
  • Thanks doll, you rock!
  • I was disappointed with the response I received from seller support but I suppose they do the best they can with so many sellers. I am going to stop wasting money on advertising for this site, keep my products listed and branch out. After seeing Printful mentioned by another seller, I decided to check that out and was thrilled to find I can place my designs in my Etsy store. I've always believed you should never put all your eggs in one basket. All the best Tash and thanks so much for the boost.
  • If I could give you any advice id say to you don't pay for advertising until you make a couple of sales, once you make sales your content should be easier to see on teesprings store, once you've made a few more sales you will automatically get your best bought stuff put into Amazon and other sites :) I'll send you my store link tomorrow :) 
    Hugs 
    Tash 
    I would be interested in hearing about this as well. I haven't sold any t'shirts yet. I have a blog on instagram and promoting through there initially to a niche market in tennis. Thank you, Tracy (LoveAroundTheCourt)
    Hugs 
    Tash 
    I would be interested in hearing about this as well. I haven't sold any t'shirts yet. I have a blog on instagram and promoting through there initially to a niche market in tennis. Thank you, Tracy (LoveAroundTheCourt)

I am thrilled so far with Printful, Tracy, and I have been happy with Etsy from day one. I've had a shop there for over a year now but I still plan to keep my designs up here, I spent $300 promoting my Teespring stores because I just didn't know any better but I also use RedBubble, who btw don't disallow sellers from being displayed in the marketplace. Obviously they realize that brings buyers to their site. I tried Zazzle, SunFrog and, Threadless, all of which were okay, but I was getting spread pretty thin. Live and learn.
  • Hi everyone my name is Stephnie and I'm a newbie here I have few of my apparel set up and would love for your support
    Here's my link
    https://teespring.com/selflove-october-2018#pid=212&cid=5824&sid=back
    https://teespring.com/be-unique-selflove#pid=212&cid=5832&sid=back
    Show some love and Thanks.
  • Hi Stephanie. Your designs are adorable and friendly. Now that you've dipped your toe in, keep going. Keep looking for inspiration and the very best of luck to you. Be warned that unfortunately Teespring will not allow your products to show up in search because they insist you must have sales first. Seems no amount of argument can pressure them to see reason on this issue but there are also lots of other POD sites. It doesn't hurt to spread your wings and see what works for you.
  • I think Jonathan is right, your designs are ugly
    go to teeview.org and find some successful campaigns, get ideas, create designs and promote them on fb
    make sure you are targeting the right audience
    this is what most successful ppl do on teespring.
  • I think Jonathan is right, your designs are ugly
    go to teeview.org and find some successful campaigns, get ideas, create designs and promote them on fb
    make sure you are targeting the right audience
    this is what most successful ppl do on teespring.

ROFL
  • ok that was an advice and i don't know whats funny about it
  • Because it wasn't advice at all. So just leave it at that.
  • edited October 24
    "That CheekyPuppy is Ungrateful" would be a good design.
  • edited October 24
    You want to keep going? I didn't ask for your insults, I asked you to just leave it at that but noooo you are so sure you are right. I'm pretty sure 460 people didn't click on my teeshirt because they think it's ugly. People have better things to do with their time and so do I. So please just stay out of my thread, I have no wish to continue arguing with you. Shoo! My original question was, whether it is normal to have that many people click, view an item without buying. I've had that question answered by Kate via email so that's fine. It's childish to pop in and start hurling insults and every time you do, I report you so knock it the hell off.
  • Chassity, this is the thread in question. Please be sure to take down only my links though and not the other person who is new and wanted people to look at hers (I think it's a her). Hopefully she won't get trolled too. Thank you again!
  • ok maybe i shouldn't use the word "ugly" and use "not attractive" instead so my apology
    and i have no attention to abuse you, i don't know you
    i'm just a normal GUY who is trying to build an online income just like you and i was offering help
    but if this is what you want let it be.

• Thank you for your apology. Thank you for realizing that it was your choice of words that were hurtful and offensive. I apologize for my reaction. I think you probably meant well because the rest of your first post was actually good advice and I do appreciate that. See here's the thing; online, we have no way of knowing to whom we are typing, we don't know if that person might have a crappy life that they try to survive with creativity. So we don't know what effect our words might have. We don't know if the other person might be one of those nice people who sometimes just says things in a way that might be unintentional.  I actually took some of your advice and removed my very earliest creations because if that was a first impression, the stuff I put up on my very first day here, I was brand new and nervous and kind of stumbled a bit. Then I found my confidence and hit my stride. My strength is in graphic design, I make killer abstract patterns, my first love, but my tee shirt designs are improving as I learn and find inspiration.
    I wish you all the best HocineLarbaoui :)

• no need to apology, you reacted humanly and it was my mistake and the bad choice of word.
    I wish you the best as well.

and remember, your success will only come after your failure.